I know it's been quite a while since I blogged, and I apologize for that. In the last two months, I have:
- Moved out with M from my apartment in Queens and all the packing involved
- Moved to a bigger apartment in the Bronx and all the unpacking involved
- Got more steady work (a lot more)
- Had no Internet connection for about a month as I waited for Verizon to transfer my connection to my new apartment
- Begun to start my own catering business with M, purchasing supplies, designing the website myself and dealing with all the government paperwork
I am holding the first semi-annual Art Through Pain contest from now until June 1, 2009. I will only allow submissions that express one's bed bug experience.
The categories for artwork are as follows:
- Written word (essays, poetry, short fiction)
- Visual (photography, painting, sketches, photos of sculptures, graphic design)
- Video...nothing more than five minutes. You can upload it onto Youtube and send me the link. (sketch comedy, short film, dancing)
- Music..Follows the same rules as video submissions (original music or parodies of existing songs with a bed bug theme.
Once the four winners are determined a second contest after June will consist of those four winning entries to win the grand prize, which is....
another $25 gift card or Metrocard.
Voting for your favorite entry (sorry, you can only pick one) will be available after June 1.
You can send your artistic expressions to email@example.com
Good luck, and have fun!