Sunday, November 05, 2006

Bed Bug Map & City Pamphlets

Just wanted to inform everyone about Bedbug City, a new mapping project that shows where in New York City and Boston bed bugs have struck, right down to street addresses. The map even allows participants to tell how intense their particular infestation has been. The only downside is that the reporting is done in complete anonymity, so there's no way to gauge if reports are real, or just submitted falsely. But I think most people will behave honestly when submitting bed bug infestation. I encourage everyone to go to Bedbug City and report their infestations, if for no other reason than to let people know just how much of a problem this is.

Also, I wanted to add to a comment a person made about the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene's bed bug pamphlets I wrote about in my last entry. The poster grumbled that the general one was kind of lame as opposed to the one for hotels. Unfortunately, I have to agree with this poster's opinion. I didn't want to give a critique of the pamphlets because I didn't want to discourage anyone from viewing them.

In any case, if you haven't already viewed these pamphlets paid for by your tax dollars, feel free to do so and offer your own opinion.

Later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.thebedbugresource.com

This has the potential to be a great site for posting info and asking questions.

Anonymous said...

HI Bugged Out,
I was that poster who was critical of the DOHMH pamphlets. You're right that people should check them out! I just think it's sad when many of us know more than the "experts". I hope you'll check out the blog I'm running: Bedbugger.com. (Started by people from the Bedbugger group on Yahoo.)

Anonymous said...

I just found a Google Maps mashup to register bedbug locations. good idea but will only work if lots of people register their addresses..
check it out:
bedbugcity:)

http://www.mappost.org/bedbugcity.php